Monday, May 24, 2010

Sushi Garden

Today, I went out with my sister (Click here for her blog! TastyAffairs). After a long day of shopping for clothes, we were finally ready for some nice Japanese food to end the day off with. We decided to visit Sushi Garden, a place across from Metrotown. It was close, convenient, and apparently very good! (Or so they say from online reviews and other sources)

When we got there, it was already 6:30pm. The line-up outside was long, and inside the small restaurant, we had to leave our name down for them to call us when a table was available. After 20 minutes (Which we spent back in the mall and came back just in time for when my name was called), we were finally sat down and ready to order. I was in the mood for some sashimi while my sister wanted sushi rolls. So I ordered an assorted sashimi, and she ordered a "Crab ♥'s Papaya roll" and a house roll.

Here is a picture of the rolls:

- House roll in the back, and the crab/Papaya love roll in the front


- Assorted sashimi


I honestly did not expect the rolls to be that big! They were stuffed with fillings, and the crab/papaya combination was actually really really good~ Deep fried crab and fragrant papaya makes a good combination. The house roll was filled with cucumber, crab, fish roe, and salmon and tuna sashimi, as well as some avocado and tamago (egg). Talk about a filling meal!

As for the sashimi, it was my first time having tako (octopus), and I must say: Yum! The serving size was really big and it tasted quite fresh too.

Overall this was a very tasty meal. I found the service to be not so good though. The workers all look like they hate their jobs and they are quite understaffed. Affordable food and very generous servings, although I wish that it could have been more ambient with better service; although I guess if it were, it would have to be pricier (like Kawawa).

2 comments:

  1. your faithful friend AmyGoMay 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM

    hmmm looks nice, but i dislike restaurants with poor service. soo.....not sure if i wanna go there yet....

    ReplyDelete